This is how we handle personal information and applies across our whole business
and all our products.
Before we get into what this actually means for you, here are a few basics :-
- If you access our site and/or use our Products and Services, you consent to the terms
of this Policy and agree to be bound by it and our Terms of Service.
- We are a customer-focused business and that means we genuinely care about your privacy.
We'll treat your personal information the way we'd like others to treat ours.
Important information - Definitions
- Just making sure we're all on the same page about who's who. We're Swift Pedals and
when we say ‘us', ‘we', ‘our' or Swift Pedals we're referring to ourselves.
- When we mention "you" or "your", we're referring to people who use or engage with
the Swift Pedals brand, products and services. It also refers to people visiting
our sites including engaging in social media.
What type of information do we collect?
- Personal information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable
individual such as your name, title, company name, postal address, telephone number,
user name or email address. We need to know who we are dealing with and how to contact
you so that we can interact with you if you need information or advice from us or
if you buy goods or services from us.
- If you submit any Personal Information relating to other people to us you agree that
you have the authority to do so and permit us to use the information in accordance
- Your IP Address number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are
using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and
logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access the Sites, along
with the time of the visit and the page(s) that you visited.
- At times, you may disclose personal information from publicly available sites i.e.
from social media, blogs, websites and other services where you are able to post
information and materials. Please remember that this information is publicly available.
- Other information is any information that does not reveal your specific identity
or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. This might include URL's
of pages you visit and which device, operating system and browser you use and the
time of your visit. We collect this information to help us understand how our websites
are working and how we could improve it and our services.
- We do retain messages that you post to our website and to our email system. We use
these as testimonials on our website. If you ever want us to remove a testimonial
please contact us.
We have different ways of collecting information
- If you are using our website, we may collect information directly from you when you
order goods or attempt to order goods or when you raise a query via email or by communicating
with us in any way.
- We may collect personal information from you during telephone calls with you or when
you contact us by email or in any other way.
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device,
such as your computer address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system
name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type
and version, and the name and version of the Sites you are using.
- We collect anonymous data too. Whilst it does not directly identify you personally
or contain any other information about you, it does identify your computer. This
shows us amongst other things how many people look at our site on a daily basis,
for how long and tells us which part of the world they are from.
- From a website point of view, the cookie helps us track overall site usage. We use
this kind of information to improve the functionality and experience of our business
and our website.
We don't store credit card details , nor do we process credit cards ourselves or
have access to your personal credit card information. Instead we only employ the
this policy when you first visit our website. More information on the cookies we
use and how to accept or decline them can be found on our cookie information page
How we use this information
Overall the key reason for us collecting personal information is so we can provide
our customers with support and to improve user experience.
To understand and improve our Products.
To assist you with technical support issues or other issues relating to our Products
To maintain and verify your guarantee.
To communicate with you and respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests, such
as sending you requested goods, as well as information and materials regarding our
products and services.
- We may send email and/or SMS marketing communications i.e. newsletters and product
upgrades. These will only be sent to you if you have requested the information or
opted in to receiving marketing communications. We will provide you with instructions
how you can remove yourself from that mailing list if you so wish.
- To record your marketing and communication preferences so we can keep you informed
about our Product updates and Service offerings.
- For our general business purposes (such as finance reporting and identifying usage
trends campaign effectiveness).
- We will keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary to fulfil
the purposes for which it was collected.
- Where we have given you a guarantee we may not be aware that you have ceased using
our product so we will keep your data until you notify us that you no longer use
- We may contract other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and may
at times need to share your Personal Information with them to provide products or
services to you, or to otherwise communicate with you. The main example of this is
postage, we need to provide your data to postage firms so that we can send your goods
- We'll also disclose your personal information if we are required by law or as permitted
by the applicable laws.
The security of your information is our top priority
- We store personal information on secure systems that are managed by us and occasionally
hard copies are kept in a secure location.
- While we do take reasonable steps to secure your Personal Information from loss,
misuse, interference and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure, you should
be aware no security procedures or protocols are ever guaranteed to be 100 percent
secure from intrusion or hacking, and there is therefore always some risk assumed
by sharing Personal Information online.
- If there is a high risk of harm in the event of a breach we will report to our data
protection authority as soon as possible after becoming aware of the breach and to
the data subjects as soon as possible.
- You can contact us at email@example.com to access, correct or request deletion
of any of your personal information that we store. All our other contact details
are shown below.
- Where you have provided your consent for us to use your personal information, you
may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us to let us know. Our contact
details are on our website. Please note that withdrawal of consent may prevent us
from being able to provide Products or Services to you.
Changes to these terms
keep you informed when something has changed by posting a notice on our website.
We want you to feel confident about your data.
We value your trust. If we ever send you something you find annoying or there are
any inaccuracies relating to your data, just email us and let us know. There is always
a real person at our end who reads emails and we do action all requests, comments